Wednesday, July 31, 2013



Hello everyone!
This week has been insane. The flight was fully packed with 43 missionaries all headed off to Manchester, and boy did we get a lot of looks. Everything that isn't manmade here is green. Really, it's all mossy goodness.
The MTC is beautiful, but very different from what I'm used t. My companion, Sister D, is from Brazil, and barely speaks english. And I'm not sure if it's just a Brazilian thing or what, but she doesn't like to hurry. She takes her time in everything she does. Which sometimes drives me crazy, but I'm learning to be patient. My family will like that. Like I said, every single girl in my room speaks a different language: Norwegian, Portugese, Japanese, Spanish, and whatever language they speak in Madagascar. Whenever I try to speak to them, I immediately think "Oh, my entire dinner group speaks these languages. Let me go find them." And then I remember, ah yes, that won't work. Ha, I'm so used to turning to a group of boys on campus and saying "We have a Portugese speaker over here! Who can help?" And 12 hands go up and run over to show off their skills. It's been actually sorta fun all speaking different languages, as we've sorta come up with our own broken english to communicate. Except the language barrier can be bad, especially when you're trying to teach a lesson. Here's how one of ours went:
Sister D: Will you follow example of Jesus and baptize?
Investigator: I've already been batized.....
Sister de Souza: That information make me so much very happy. When can we plan date for baptize?
Sister Kuykendall: O_o..........  So, can we come back tomorrow, same time?
Anyway, I LOVE my district. I have a couple of the missionaries already picked out for Madie to date when they get back. No worries. They found out I have an 18 year old sister, and they can't get over it. Ha, It's been fun to learn from all the people here. My teacher here got off his mission just three months ago from Manchester, and he loves missionary work, so it's been easy to get excited.
Also, I've only recieved one letter here. You know who you are, and I will love you forever. The rest of you, send me a letter!! E-mail is so fun. And I promise I'll send one back. I don't have much more time to write, but I love you all! And can't wait to hear from you.
Sister Kuykendall

No comments:

Post a Comment