Monday, September 23, 2013


Family and friends,
 
I feel like I finally understand what's going on in mission life. I'm still in Rhiwbina with Sister Lambert and we're enjoying our second transfer. We're finally starting to get busy with teaching appointments, service and ward activities. We're teaching quite a few people, but the one family we've been meeting with in particular seems most excited about the gospel. They absolutely love the concept that families can be together forever, as the wife and mum died just recently.
I want this little family to be happy so badly, and it's been so fun to see the difference the spirit has made in their lives thus far.
 
This past month, we have seen an incredible amount of miracles. We have been blessed to be in the right place at the right time, we've seen hearts soften by saying just the right words and we've found people that have been looking for this message. I know without a doubt that the Lord's hand is in all this. These things may seem small, but they are undeniable. And I haven't just seen one or two miracles since I've been in Rhiwbina, but at least one or two miracles a day. The Lord is hastening His work, and I have loved being apart of it. There was even a time this week where Sister Lambert and I were riding our bikes down a hill and I saw a monster of a slug in the middle of the road. I dodged to miss it, and nearly rammed straight into a tree on my left. As I stopped to catch my breath after the incident, I realized this was just another miracle that I was able to witness in my time here. In Ether 12 (another favourite chapter in the Book of Mormon- go read it) verse 12, it says that the reason miracles are brought about is because of faith. I've  been striving to have that great faith since I've been here. I know that I am where I need to be at this point in my life. I know that I am called of a prophet of God to help bring people closer to His Son. I love Wales. I love you. I miss Cafe Rio. Have a great week!
 
Sister Kuykendall

No comments:

Post a Comment