Monday, September 30, 2013

When in Wales

Family and friends,
 
So things here are still superb. I'm loving Cardiff, though I haven't seen the sun for about a week and a half. It is pretty dark until about nine, and gets dark again around seven. In between that, it is really overcast and foggy.
 
I didn't think it was possible, but each week I get more and more excited about being a missionary. I get to talk to people with completely different upbringings from my own about things that make me happy and I know can bless their lives. Seriously, this gospel is amazing. I love that I can help people find peace by helping them come closer to Christ. It's honestly that simple. As you make Christ central to everything you do, everything in life is positively effected. I can promise you that. I don't know how to be a teacher, how to find people to teach, and how to even get around the area, but I'm figuring it out. I use the line "I'm new here, so I don't know what's going on" nearly every day. 
 
Anyway, I think I've mentioned this before, but I love the people here. There is one lady that we visit from the ward who has been sick in bed for the past 40 years, and she's a little crazy. But seriously, she's like our best friend. We always look forward to our visits with her. I feel like most of the people in Wales just need someone to talk to. I've never heard someone talk so long without a breath like the Welsh can. A bunch of the people in our area know who we are. We have friends on like every street. I'll be super sad to leave this area when the time comes, as I've grown to love the ward and the people of this city.
 
This last week, I started studying the New Testament again. I took a class with Hailee at BYU, and we absolutely LOVED it. I absolutely love learning about my Saviour and His life and works. One chapter that I've read over and over is John chapter 8. It has the story of the woman caught in adultery and describes perfectly what an incredible teacher our Saviour actually is. My professor at BYU taught us that in each of these stories, the details are what matter. Christ was perfect in every possible way. He was a perfect friend, a perfect missionary, a perfect example. I hope that in every aspect of my missionary work, I can strive to become like Christ.
 
Well, Jesus loves you! He loves the Welsh. Can't wait to hear from all of you next week.
 
Love,
Sister Kuykendall

No comments:

Post a Comment