Monday, October 7, 2013


Everyone,
 
General Conference was so great. Seriously. It was so nice to be able to watch something that I'm so familiar with and always brings me comfort. Sister Lambert and I were able to get one of our investigators to one of the sessions. His name is Idris, and he's an older man who's extremely sensitive to the spirit. We had him on a baptismal date once upon a time until we taught him word of wisdom. So we're still working with him. I was super worried the whole time that he would hate it. We didn't tell him it was two hours long because we thought he would end up saying no, but at the end he said he enjoyed it.  Whenever anyone said something about missionary work in conference, I tried remember every word. Sometimes I think I'm on a mission just so that when I get home, I can be a better member missionary. I sorta have no idea what I'm doing sometimes, I'll admit it. But I feel as if I'm learning things out here that will be extremely useful when I get into my own wards. So here's some advice from a 21 year old girl who has no idea what she's doing: be a missionary now! You do not have to have a tag to do so. Pray to find opportunities to serve and share the gospel. My mother is an incredible example of being a missionary, as she has moved back to California, out of the comforts of her friends and family in Utah. She has shared the gospel in countless ways, and at times has not recieved the best response; however, her courage is admirable beyond compare. Be like her. More importantly, be like Christ. Christ has asked us to feed His sheep. You don't have to stop random people on the street and bring up the gospel from nothing (and be grateful this is the case). Live the gospel, pray for opportunities to share it, and they will come. And let me tell you, the missionaries in your areas will be eternally grateful for your work and sacrifice. Missionaries want to serve and teach. They CANNOT do so until they actually have a real person to teach the gospel to. Members of the church are full-time finders. We are told this time and time again, and I am sad to say that when I was home, I failed at this, and I hope that I can make up for it until the end of my life as I work to help the missionaries teach my friends and aquaintances.
 
Anyway, life here in Cardiff is still super. I cannot say enough that I love this wheather. Gah, it is always perfect and foggy and overcast and I get to be outside in it all day. Sister Lambert and I are becoming pro bikers, and are learning how to be graceful while riding our mountain bikes up hills in our long skirts. This last week, my skirt got caught in my bike brake while riding through the middle of town, and like the refined woman that I am, I ripped it out while going super fast down a hill, and nearly flashed all the people nearby. Well, I love you, Jesus loves you, and hope to hear from you all soon.
 
Love,
Sister K

No comments:

Post a Comment