Monday, October 28, 2013


Family and friends,
 
This past week, I've been freaking out as transfers are coming. I'm pretty darn sure one of us is going to leave, and since Sister Lambert has been in this area for a good six months, I'm pretty sure it's going to be her. And then I'll have to teach a new girl how to navigate this area. I really don't know if I can do that. The good news is, there are no new sisters coming in until February of next year, so I for sure won't be training.
 
Anyway, I've been thinking this past week quite a bit about the missionaries that have served or are serving within my family. One of the reasons I considered going on a mission was because of these examples. I remember my uncle Erick returning home from his mission and being really impressed with the love that he had for the Peruvian people. I've wanted so badly to be the same way. I think about this example often as I meet new people. I also think about my grandpa Doug often. I didn't get to hear many of his missionary experiences, but I do know that he is the hardest worker of anyone I've ever met and that he loved the gospel. Though I don't know much about his mission, I was able to take his Preach My Gospel book with me on mine. As I was studying it this week, I found something written in his handwriting on one of the notes pages:
 
"At the end of my mission, I want to have had the courage and patience to do the hard things over and over that make a difference in people's lives. I want to have moved out of my comfort zone and flown."
 
This was written for me. It's no coincidence that I have his PMG and found this note at that time. At times, it seems impossible todo the hard things over and over like Grandpa said. Yet, my grandpa did them because he knew that would be the thing that made the difference. And that is what I will strive to do. I'm so lucky to have had the examples I do. Erick, Grandpa, my uncles, Michelle, and many others. I'm so excited to be apart of this!
 
Alma 26:12
 
Love,
Sister K

No comments:

Post a Comment