Monday, March 10, 2014

Transfers


Friends and Family,
Transfers have come and gone, and I have a new companion! Her name is Sister Allred, and she's from Provo. We love each other thus far, and we're really excited about this upcoming transfer. She's from my MTC group, and she was one of the first people I saw past security in the Salt Lake airport, so we have something in common already. Transfers took up most of our week though. Sister Grigoryan and I made the four and a half hour drive to Birmingham on Monday night right after our preparation day. I dropped her off at the mission home, and I got to serve in a place called Coventry for a day and a half until Sister Allred came from her old area and off we went on our four and a half hour journey back home. I think we'll really get along.
I love what I'm doing. Seriously, nothing has made me more happy in my life. It's so hard, but for some reason, I want to work harder and harder and talk to more and more people. This gospel brings peace. There are many things that I don't know, but even when things are hard there is one truth that I cannot deny: that God lives, and so does His Son. I encounter hostile opposition every day. Those that know me know I hate rejection. Simply put, I could not do this if I did not know this was true. It gives me comfort. No one can take this from me.
Anyway, this place is gorgeous. Honestly, it's the prettiest part of the world. I love you!
Sister Kate Kuykendall

                                              "Pictures don't do this place justice"
                            "My new companion, we don't have a picture together yet"
                                                           "All my best friends"
                            "A graveyard right across from our flat. The youngest person in here died in 1905."

                              "The inside of a cathedral in Coventry England that was bombed in WW ll"

No comments:

Post a Comment