Tuesday, March 18, 2014

He is always beside us

Family and friends,
We did quite a bit of travelling this week as we had zone conference on Thursday, and have gone to the outer edges of our area for finding and other purposes. To start off, zone conference was in Rhiwbina! I almost cried when I found out, and I wanted to stay forever. But it was such a neat experience where we got to learn from a general authority. Sister Allred and I are loving each other, and I love the fact that I have someone who understands American humour and sarcasm. We were also lucky enough this week to go to places in our area I'd never heard of. We were asked to contact some people by some members in the ward, and they happened to be in some of the prettiest places I've ever seen. There are too many pictures! I'll include some -the rest I'll show you when I get back.
Since coming on my mission, I've really loved looking for promises in the scriptures and from the prophets. Usually I have to look for them or make a couple connections. As I was reading the talk "We Never Walk Alone" by President Thomas S. Monson from the General Relief Society meeting at this last general conference, I came across this direct statement, "I promise you that you will one day stand aside and look at your difficult times, and you will realize that He was always there beside you." I've found this extremely comforting. It's helped me to see the people I talk to in a new light. Only the Saviour knows what the people I meet have gone through. He loves them perfectly. And even when the people I speak with tell me they've been abandoned by God, I remember this: He is always beside us. He is always beside you.
I love you!
Sister Kuykendall

A little chapel we found. The graveyard outside it looks like it hasn't been touched in years. And we don't know why there isn't a roof. But isn't it cute a little?

No comments:

Post a Comment