Monday, January 12, 2015

Exchanges

Baptism x 3: Our cute little Sarah was baptized on Saturday! She looked radiant and lovely, and she was super excited. Even though she had to go under three times, she was happy about the whole thing. I asked her how she felt afterwards, and she said, "Very very clean." 

Chinese sacrament: Once a month, there is a special sacrament meeting done in all Chinese. It happened to fall on the day that Sarah would be confirmed, so she was able to be confirmed there. She was so smiley and beautiful! When I asked her how she felt after the confirmation she thought for a few seconds and then said, "Hungry." I didn't really know what to say, so I just nodded and smiled. After the sacrament, she turned to me and said, "I feel pure and peace." #heartmelt

I was able to go on exchanges this last week with sisters from all over the world: the Netherlands, Romania, Switzerland, Taiwan... When I first picked up the sister from Romania, she was very quiet. She's only been out for 3 weeks. She didn't say too much, but I asked her some simple questions about her life, and I found out she was baptized a few months into my mission. Only a year ago! She's incredibly strong in the gospel, and going on exchange with her now did much more for me that it ever could have done for her. So blessed.

It's been raining loads, life is good, yesterday I prayed that we'd see on of our friends that went back to China, and we ran into him that night.

Sorry this is short! Love you!

Sister Kuykendall 
My "I'm taller than my assistant picture"!
Baptism!



No comments:

Post a Comment