Monday, January 26, 2015

Last e-mail testimony as a full time missionary

I want to start by saying I've been able to witness some amazing things and have some amazing experiences the past eighteen months. I'll never adequately be able to express the feelings I have at this moment. All I know is I'm the luckiest girl. The people I've met have changed me, and I got to be apart of many of my best friend's change as well. My heart really truly honestly aches. And that's the only way I know how to describe it. And that's where I'll leave that thought.

This week was absolutely incredible. We both (my companion and I) have little time remaining, and we worked hard to be there for the sisters in our zone and teach like crazy. We were so excited to see our friend Emily be baptized on Saturday :) Honestly, one of the best days of my mission. She's from Vietnam, and she's amazing. Sister Bertha and I stopped her on the street quite a few months ago, and now we were able to see her in white. Man, it was magical. Afterwards, we had a huge hot pot gathering with all the chinese in Coventry. Just kidding. But really, everyone invited their friends, and we had recent converts, investigators, etc. all chilling together. Basically, a hot pot is where there are a few boiling pots of broth like substance, and everyone has a bowl and chopsticks, and there are lots of plates of raw fish, cabbage, veggies, and meats. You add it in to a pot and go ham. A perfect way to spend my last weekend in Coventantry (see what I did there?). 

I don't know what else to say. I feel like Nephi, in that my writing is super weak, but I feel a lot deeper. 

The last testimony (until later this week): The Spirit is a real being. I feel Him as I bear testimony of the Savior. Though I don't know everything, I know I'm happier when I follow the gospel. That's why I've chosen the path I have. I've come on a mission because of that.  I believe with all that I have that God lives because of specific experiences I have had that I can't deny. He loves even those that blaspheme Him. The Book of Mormon has changed my life in a very real way. Without it, I could never have had the peace I now enjoy. My life is far far far from perfect. There are so many things I wish would change, but the overall sense of honest and true peace I feel overcomes that.  I've loved my mission, and I shudder when I think of the life I'd have without it. I have changed.

Love,
Sister Kuykendall
The only way Chen knows how to smile
Emily :)
The last district photo
Some of my favorites. Investigator and recent convert
Investigator neve showed up faces
Hot pot

No comments:

Post a Comment