Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas in Wales

This past week was probably one of the best of my life thus far. Though it was a little slow, we were able to see quite a few miracles and tender mercies. With each day that I spend here, I hope more and more that I'll stay here at least one more transfer (or all transfers). And let me just say that holidays on the mission are way better than holidays at home. There was a whole new feeling to Christmas when the only thing I was thinking of was the Savior. In a letter I recieved (received?) just before Christmas, it said "Christmas is a time to reflect on the Savior and be with loved ones, and if you open you heart loved ones are all around."
This week started off quite crazy with the anticipation of Christmas. It was a little harder to actually find people to teach, but we continued to work hard and trust that we could meet our seemingly impossible goals if we did all we could. After Christmas, we got a little nervous as we felt like none of our efforts were changnig anything. However, like I've said before, God loves us and the Welsh and on Saturday night we had the wonderful opportunity to find and teach a family of four that came to church with us the next day. As they walked in to church, I was praying so hard that they would like it and the members would befriend them. I was so proud of our little ward as this family walked in and immediately people began to talk and laugh with them. I felt like they fit in so perfectly! During sacrament, the nine year old boy whispered in my ear "This is a nice church. The people are so friendly, and I feel something different here." I felt like I was in an Ensign article.
I have said this before, but I am assured of it each week: we cannot delay obedience in the pursuit of understanding. Many times out here, I've felt like I'm not making any difference, and right after I push through what I think is the impossible, that's when the miracles have come. I love my mission. It's perfect. I love my Savior and know that He lives.









No comments:

Post a Comment