Monday, December 9, 2013

Transfer dodge

Tonight, we get the transfer dodge. Meaning I'll know whether or not I'm staying in my beloved Rhiwbina. I hear that leaving your first area is just as hard or harder than leaving home, and I'm pretty sure it'll be true. Cardiff is my home now! I love the people here, and will miss them dreadfully if I move; however, I know that wherever I go, there will be new people to meet and serve.
Last weekend, we had stake conference. As I was listening to the stake president's talk, something he said really struck me: "Do not delay obedience in the pursuit of understanding." This past week, we've had a few investigators struggle with the fact that they want to know these things intellectually before they act on them spiritually. We are promised that as we obey, we WILL receive understanding and knowledge.
I'm not as homesick as I thought I'd be this Christmas season. I mean, I miss home and my family, but I feel like it's fine. Being on a mission has changed my perspective on so many things, and one of those is eternity. I never really thought about the concept of eternal life before. I just knew that it was very desireable. Now, I understand it's importance. I don't claim to know all things, but I am so excited to be able to spend eternity with the people I love most. Even though there is evil and pain in the world now, it's just a nanosecond on the timeline of eternity. And all we have to do to recieve that gift is obedience. Obedience is the first step.
I love you! I'm attaching pictures.
Sister K



No comments:

Post a Comment