Monday, July 28, 2014

I love the English!

Friends and family,
Though nothing too extravagant happened this week, we're happy campers. We started teaching a deaf guy this week. When we met him, Sister W. was super pumped because she knows some sign language, but we quickly found out that it was useless because American sign language is way different that British. He taught us the BSL alphabet though, and we were able to communicate through that and talking really loud and slow. At the end of our lesson with him, we testified that God would answer his prayers. He didn't know if God was even real, so we said he could even pray and ask if he was there. Then, he looked down all sad and said, "How can God speak to me? I can't hear." My heart melted. We were both so excited as we explained he didn't have to have perfect hearing to receive answers, all he has to do is have an open heart. He's too legit.
Peterborough is insane. I love it here. Here's our list of why we like it:
1. We get fed everyday.
2. Our ward mission leader is a BOSS.
3. Our Bishop is young and fun and involved.
4. We teach investigators in members homes, no problem.
5. Everyone wants to help out.
6. People fellowship any new face that they see at church.
I don't have loads of time this week, but I just wanted to say, if anyone is even considering serving a mission, do it. This is one of the best decisions I have ever made. I have laughed harder than ever before, I've loved stronger than I knew I could, and I've met some of my best friends out here. I shudder just thinking about what my life would be like without it. I love you! I love the English.
Sister Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment